Hurricane Season starts June 1!
Here are a few tips to keep your pet safe and happy and to keep you from feeling the stress of an evacuation.
- Get a copy of your pet’s vaccination records NOW! Please give us a call if you don’t have one…there is no charge for a copy and we can fax it to you. Legitimate boarding facilities will require proof of DH(L)PP, Rabies and Bordetella vaccinations from a licensed Veterinarian as well as a current fecal check for dogs. For cats, proof of FVRCP and Rabies vaccinations from a licensed Veterinarian will generally suffice.
- Have a two month supply of all of your pet’s prescription medications. Some pets may need a supply of tranquilizers for traveling. Be sure your supply includes Heartgard and Comfortis or Frontline for dogs. Cats will need a supply of Revolution.
- Please microchip your pet to increase the odds of a safe and quick return in the event that he/she becomes separated from you!
- Pets under stress do not do well with an abrupt change in diet. Have several weeks worth of their regular food ready to go. If your pet is on a prescription diet, just call us to order an extra bag.
- Make sure you take collars, leashes, rabies tags, kennels, carriers, bedding, toys, and water to ensure the comfort and safety of your pet.
Please call us with any questions or concerns. It can be overwhelming for everyone once a storm hits the Gulf…including us…so let us help you sooner than later!!!
Jessica Miller, DVM and all of the Staff at Animal Care Center